Vocal & multi-instrumental quartet
Dragonsfire specialises in instrumental music and song from different periods of history. Dragonsfire has a reputation for total reliability and complete professionalism. The members of this quartet are all very experienced professional musicians and the group is also covered by public liability insurance.
Ideal for corporate events and private functions, dinners, receptions, product launches, conferences, weddings, concerts and lecture-recitals, our music helps create the perfect atmosphere to make your function a success. Dress can be either formal bow tie and dinner jackets, or full costume of the relevant historic period or theme. The music can be played in one static position, or movable to different points, (for certain themes, it is possible to be strolling while playing).
We can also play for period dancing and/or folk dancing, but we need to take a Caller to teach the guests and lead the dances.
Please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your requirements even if your particular function is not shown below. We can provide extra musicians and other artistes, and tailor a function to your requirements through our own function planning company, Belltower Enterprises.
Some historic periods which we can offer:-
- recorders, pipe & tabor, English bagpipes, shawm, gittern, Gothic harp, hammer dulcimer, sackbut, medieval side-drum
(16th century) - recorders, crumhorns, cornamuse, rackett, lute, bandora, four course guitar, psaltery, bass viol, harp, hammer dulcimer, serpent,
For pictures of Medieval and Tudor costume, and further information on these two themes, click here.
(17-18th century) - recorders, flute, baroque guitar, mandolin, viola da gamba, serpent, harp
(18th century) - recorders, flute, guitar, mandolin, viola da gamba, serpent, harp
(19th century) - flute, guitar, mandolin, hammer dulcimer, serpent, tuba, accordion
- flute, bowed psaltery, guitar, mandolin, autoharp tambourine, finger chimes
At other themed events, we have performed as musicians for the following: -
- recorders, flute, bandora, lute-guitar, mandolin, serpent
- Flageolet, flute, guitar, mandolin, banjo, accordion
- Irish tin whistle, flute, guitar, mandolin, banjo, harp, accordion, bodhran, bones
- recorders, flute, guitar, mandolin, accordion
- recorders, flute, guitar, mandolin
- recorders, flute, guitar, mandolin, double harp
- Portugese guitarra, Swiss Alpine horn, ocarinas, balalaika, panpipes